Introducing the first 100 Miles for Moss virtual challenge.
Challenge yourself to complete 100 miles on horseback, on foot, on a bike, on a carriage, or a combination of any or all of the above between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 and show your support for The Walthour-Moss Foundation. Participants will log their mileage using runsignup.com and receive the very first 100 Miles for Moss commemorative medal upon completion of their personal challenge. For some it may take a week for others it may take months. The challenge is up to you! Mileage updates will be posted and we encourage participants to post pictures of their progress (and with their finisher medals too!) on our event page. Make your challenge your own and tell us and your fellow participants about it. Mileage may be completed anywhere. And we do mean anywhere! In WMF? Yes for all but the cyclists. Bicycles are not allowed in WMF. While hacking around the neighborhood? Sounds great! In a Dressage ring? Yes! On your morning run? Yup! While shopping? Sure! In another country? Absolutely (though we are unable to mail medals outside of the US). Make your challenge your own.
The Walthour-Moss Foundation needs your support. Sign up for the 100 Miles for Moss challenge, make a your challenge your own, and show your support for the land that we all enjoy and use.
Entries are limited.
Entries are open. To enter, click HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I enter? Registration opens on September 1, 2020. Register here: 100 Miles for Moss
How do I log miles? Please see information below for LOGGING YOUR MILES
No, how do I log my miles when I actually do them? There are many apps that can be used for tracking mileage. Map my run, track my hack, equitrack to name a few. Non-riding participants may chose to use a simple pedometer.
How do I complete my mileage? That is up to you! 100 Miles for Moss is meant to be a personal challenge. You can walk, run, or hike. You can ride a bike. You can drive a carriage. You can ride one horse or multiple horses. You can enter two different horses and have each complete a separate challenge. You can do a combination of riding, cycling, and hiking. It is totally up to you!
Mileage can be completed anywhere including on The Walthour-Moss Foundation trails. If completing miles in WMF, we respectfully request that you follow our rules of use that can be found here: Safety and Rules. Only equestrians and pedestrians allowed in WMF.
How do I share my story? We encourage you to share your journey to 100 miles, We have set up a separate Facebook page, 100 Miles for Moss, for participants to share photographs and stories.
How do I collect my finisher medal? Once you have submitted mileage totaling 100 miles (or more!) please email or call Landon Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Medals will be mailed. Please note that due to the high cost of postage, medals can only be mailed within the continental United States.
I have more questions. Please please call Landon Russell at 910-695-7811 or email email@example.com
LOGGING YOUR MILES
You may begin logging your miles directly into the RunSignUp system starting on October 1, 2020.
How to log your results:
- You MUST enter the Date and Distance for each mileage entry.
- There is an option to upload elevation climbed with each workout. This is not required.
- If you completed multiple mileages that day, you can enter each new set by clicking "Add Another Activity" button. If you do two or three sets in 1 day, you can add them together or separately, whichever you prefer. You can update your time and miles daily or every other day, or once a week, or once you have finished your 100 miles.
Do not forget to hit submit results when you are finished!
To log through your profile, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your RunSignup profile by selecting the Profile Icon at the top right hand corner.
- Under your Upcoming Events > Select Submit Virtual Results
- Enter in your Activity type, distance, time and elevation (if desired)
- Select Submit Time
To login through the website, follow these instructions:
- Log into RunSignUP first. If you are not logged in, you will not be able to post results. If you were already logged in and having trouble, try logging out of RunSignUP and then logging back in again. If you forgot your password, you can have it reset: https://runsignup.com/Login.
- Go to "Participant Tracking" on the main page, search for your name and click "More Details." This will bring you to your information. You can then click on "Submit Virtual Results."
The Walthour-Moss Foundation